The Women With Promise Scholarship Program began in 2018 as part of our commitment to make a difference in the lives of North Texas women. Our goal is to offer women the opportunity to begin or restart their journey toward a college degree. Higher education is a life-changing path that opens new career opportunities with the prospect of financial enrichment and a higher quality of life. Outcomes include improved self-esteem, higher job satisfaction and instilling an important family legacy of college education in future generations.
First priority candidates are women who have the greatest emotional and financial challenges as they gain the work skills necessary to support themselves and/or their families. Our funds target women who are in desperate financial situations and need both an education and our funds to assist them in developing skills to elevate their future work opportunities.
Support is available for full or part-time students attending or planning to attend educational programs at accredited institutions of higher learning. Scholarships are awarded to assist with tuition, books and fees and generally range from $250 to $5,000. Scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution prior to the start of the course. The number of scholarships awarded per semester or term is dependent upon the number of sponsors and donations received.
Awards Ranging from $250 - $5,000 for Tuition for Books for Fees
A woman who meets the following requirements is eligible to apply:
- Accepted into an accredited course of study at an accredited institution (College, University, Trade/Vocational School)
- Demonstrates a need for financial assistance
- Exhibits a strong desire, ability and determination to complete the academic course
- Has partnered with a non-profit organization or social agency for at least six months
- A sponsor within that organization/agency is willing to provide mentoring support for the student throughout her educational experience
- Resides in Dallas County or Collin County
- Is a citizen or permanent legal resident of the U.S. or has immigration status which makes her eligible for FAFSA
Four Steps to Apply: 1. Applicant Background 2. Narrative 3. Sponsorship 4. Reference
Please complete the application in its entirety. Apply online or print the PDF form and submit it via email or mail.
- Section 1: Applicant Information
- Part A: Background
- Part B: Employment
- Part C: Upcoming Education
- Part D: Financial Information
- Section 2: Narrative
- Section 3: Sponsorship
- Section 4: Reference
- Section 5: Release Form
Documents You Will Need to Provide
- W-2 or 1099
- Academic plan which includes the degree you are working towards, tentative semester schedule and an overview of your education plan
- Institution’s invoice showing all charges for the course(s) you plan to attend
- Copy of your financial aid award letter if you received financial aid
- Copy of the first page of your Federal Income Tax Return filed for the past two (2) years
- Economic plan which includes budgeting of time and money based on your current resources
- Typed two (2) – five (5) page narrative
- Your sponsoring agency’s 501(c)(3) verification letter
Review and Selection
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received, however, priority is given to current recipients. New applications are reviewed by the scholarship committee utilizing a redacted application. During the review process the scholarship committee may contact the applicant, sponsor or reference. The scholarship committee will submit their recommendations to the Women With Promise Board for final approval. Each applicant will be notified, in writing, of the board’s final decision. Typically, the review and approval process takes two to six weeks, however, under certain circumstances Women With Promise may continue to accept applications up to the start of the semester.
Please DO NOT inquire to Women With Promise about your application status. Once decisions are finalized a team member will notify you in writing.
Re-Applying for Next Semester
The renewal process is a refresh of the original application and therefore a much shorter process. You can re-apply as soon as you have your institution’s invoice showing all charges for your next course. To qualify, your GPA for the previous semester must be 2.75 or higher.
Notice of Confidentiality
All information contained in this application will be considered confidential.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Women with Promise Scholarship Program does not discriminate in its selection policy, programs or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, disability, national/ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation or disabled veteran/Vietnam era veteran status.
Here are the forms you will need to complete prior to beginning an application online, this way you have the forms ready to upload.*
*If you create a user account on our website you will be able to save your progress within the online application and return to it at a later date.